Edinburgh property managers join Trees4Scotland initiative to lower carbon footprint
Edinburgh property investment and lettings managers Cullen Property have teamed up with Trees4Scotland’s initiative to help plant hundreds of native Scottish trees in Teaghlach Wood in Central Scotland.
They are the first property company to embrace this initiative. “Our goal is to donate enough trees to offset emissions from all 320 properties currently on our books, ” explains Cullen Property Managing Director Malcolm Warrack. “Initially, we will be planting just over 230 trees to offset 28 properties owned directly by the company, all company vehicles and our office emissions.”
Cullen Property has also invited its landlord clients to purchase trees depending on the size of their individual properties. Eventually, the company’s area of Teaghlach Wood could include as many as 2,500 trees.
The company aims to raise awareness of energy use and efficiency among its tenants, too: “A large percentage of our clients are students, most of which are very aware of environmental issues already,” Malcolm Warrack continues.
“We’re hoping to increase that awareness even further by highlighting the carbon footprint of their home. At the same time we want to draw the attention of landlords and tenants to the importance of Scottish woodlands.”
Trees4Scotland founder Angus Crabbie added: “It’s great to have a property company on board and the support demonstrates the team’s real understanding of the impact their business has on the environment.
“We hope to extend Cullen Property’s part of the wood as more clients participate and look forward to growing their own forest over the next few years.”
The initial investment will be over £1,600.
Notes to editors
- Cullen Property was founded in 1998 by two directors who believe passionately in the future of Edinburgh’s property market
- The company specialises in acquiring and managing properties for clients looking to invest in and let out residential property in Edinburgh
- It currently manages over 320 properties and consistently achieves over 98% occupancy levels
- For further information visit: www.cullenproperty.com
- Trees4Scotland was founded in 2008 by Angus Crabbie
- The company is dedicated to planting native permanent woodlands in Scotland
- Its current project, Teaghlach Wood, in Central Scotland, is located on a 35 hectare site and has space for approximately 38,000 trees
- For further information visit www.trees4scotland.com